Frozen Chocolate Banana Peanut Bites + A Cookbook Giveaway
Caroline Karasik, one of our amazing purely bloggers + the face behind Sincerely Caroline, recently released an all encompassing, no-frills gluten-free lifestyle book, The Gluten-Free Revolution. The book features recipes, fitness, DIY beauty and pretty much everything necessary to live a glamorous gluten-free life!
Today we’re not only sharing her recipe for these Frozen Chocolate Banana Peanut Bites, we’re ALSO giving away a copy of The Gluten-Free Revolution!
Frozen Chocolate Banana Bites
Makes 24-26 bites
2 ripe bananas
2 cups vegan chocolate chips
1/2 cup dairy-free milk (almond, coconut, hemp, etc.)
1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, crushed
1. Prepare a large baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or a baking mat. Set aside.
2. Slice each banana into 1/2 inch thick circles, then set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and milk over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat.
4. Drop banana slices into the chocolate four to five at a time, then remove from chocolate using a slotted spoon. Hold each banana over top of chocolate allowing excess to drip off before placing it onto the baking sheet. Repeat this process until all bananas are covered in chocolate. Sprinkle the chocolate covered banana slices with peanuts, then place tray in freezer for at least one hour, until chocolate has hardened.
5. Transfer frozen slices to a resealable container and place back in freezer until ready to serve.