And the Winner Is…
The results are in! As many of you know we had a huge oatmeal challenge this past month and were in awe of the creations that were sent our way. We had hundreds of amazing, creative and unique recipes submitted–making it no easy task to choose a winner.
After you voted, we had our panel of seasoned expert breakfast experts make the recipes and judge them based on taste, creativity and presentation
Meet the Judges:
Summer Sanders is a Certified Raw Food Chef, Sports Nutrition Specialist and is Certified by The National Academy of Sports Medicine as a personal trainer. Summer is now the proud owner of Radiantly Raw, a company that focuses on the benefits of cleansing and a plant-strong diet.
May Zhu is a 22 year-old nutrition nerd + foodie with a love for an active lifestyle. May is aspiring to be a registered dietitian–hoping to instill healthy habits for the mind, body, and soul.
Ksenia Avdulova, also know as Breakfast Criminals, is well known for her decadent acai breakfasts–inspiring followers with her heart shaped bowls and healthy lifestyle.
Elizabeth Stein, founder of Purely Elizabeth is a strong believer that good health begins with what you put into your body. That’s why she creates delicious breakfast products using the most nutrient-rich, high quality ingredients on the market and spends her spare time in the kitchen cooking for friends and family!
Erin Harper oversees Whole Foods Market’s Local Producer Loan Program, while ensuring access to education, mentorship, community and a successful supplier partnership between Whole Foods and small food businesses.
Megan is an active instagramer and tumblr blogger, known for her breakfast overnight oats and passion for fitness and nutrition.
And the Grand Prize Winner is… Deanna Paolini, with her decadent Purely Vegan Cheesecake!
Deanna wins our grand prize of a $200 Whole Foods Market Gift Card, a year’s supply of purely elizabeth + a feature in our Purely Spring Magazine!
Purely Vegan Cheesecake Recipe:
– 2/3 cup non-sweetened shredded coconut or slivered almonds
– coconut oil (for greasing)
– 1 cup purely elizabeth ancient grains hot cereal
– 1 cup dates (about 10 dates) soaked in 2 cups of hot water for 2 minutes
– 1/2 cup reserved soaking water from the previous ingredient
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp saltPlace ancient grains, dates, soaking water, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor—mix until well incorporated—and then set aside. Next, grease the sides of a 9 inch spring form cake pan with coconut oil. Then, cover the bottom of the cake pan with shredded coconut (or slivered almonds) to prevent the crust from sticking the the pan. Pour the ancient grain and date mixture on top of the shredded coconut—spread out evenly and mold into the cake pan. Bake the crust for 18-20 minutes at 350. Remove crust from oven and set aside to cool.
“Cream Cheese” Filling:
– 3 cups raw cashews soaked for 2-3 hours
– 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
– 3/4 cup maple syrup (or raw honey)
– 3/4 cup creamed coconut/coconut butter, slightly melted
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1/2 tsp sea salt
To make the “cream cheese” filling, blend the cashews, lemon, maple syrup/honey, creamed coconut/coconut butter, vanilla, and sea salt in a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Pour the “cream cheese” mixture on top of the “crust” and smooth with the flat side of a knife.
– 1 cup fresh/frozen berries or fruit of choice
Pour berries over “cream cheese” mixture. Then, place the pan in the freezer for 2-3 hours or overnight. Before serving, place the cheesecake on the counter to thaw slightly—it is best served semi-frozen, yet soft enough to cut.
Meet Our Runner Ups!
The prize includes one purely elizabeth mason jar, one “Eat Purely” hand-stamped spoon + one assorted case (6 bags) of purely elizabeth Ancient Grain Oatmeal and Hot Cereal.
Irene Chou’s Veggie Oatmeal Hand Roll Sushi Bouquet
Thank you everyone for entering your amazing recipes! We loved every single submission and couldn’t believe what you came up with. We couldn’t be more grateful for your support and love for purely elizabeth. We can’t get enough of the recipes you cook up with our products, so please keep sending them our way and tag them #eatpurely!